Best Things to Do on a Kruger Safari!!Posted on April 7th, 2020 by Overland Africa
Best Things to Do on a Kruger Safari
Kruger is primarily a safari area and the focus is definitely on seeing the game. There are limited cultural and historical excursions to be had, and these may only be possible if you are in the area – the park is enormous and it may be far to drive to a significant site.
Some important sites in the Kruger Park include:
- Letaba Elephant Museum
- Albasini Ruins of a 19 century Portuguese trading post
- Masorini Living Museum
- Thulamela archaeological site
- Stevenson-Hamilton Memorial Library
If you stay at a lodge in one of the neighboring reserves, then you have a greater choice of activities, depending on the specific lodge, of course:
- Guided stargazing
- Interactive kitchens where you learn to cook with the chef
- Wine tastings
- Guided nature walks
- Working with researchers or conservationists
- Sleep-outs or fly-camping
If you venture outside the park and reserves, then you can see the magnificent Panorama Route, which comprises sites like:
- God’s Window – a scenic lookout. On a very clear day you can see over the Mozambican border.
- Blyde River Canyon – a beautiful series of hollows and hills.
- Lisbon, Mac-Mac and Berlin Falls – three of the loveliest waterfalls in this lush area.
- Bourke’s Luck Potholes – strange rock formations created by swirling water over millions of years.
Contact us here for more information or any other tours
Connect with us on Facebook & Instagram
Posted in Travel Tips and Info, Uncategorized | No Comments