– Updated 26 January 2021 –
UK Air Bridge Approved Since 12 December 2020
Botswana started a phased reopening of international borders from 9 November 2020. Air travel resumed at Sir Seretse Khama International Airport in Gaborone, Maun and Kasane International Airports.
Open for international travel
Health screening & COVID-19 protocols on arrival
- Present a valid negative COVID-19 PCR test result, conducted within 72 hours of departure for Botswana.
- Undergo health screening for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Stay in contact with the local health authority for a period of 14 days while self-monitoring.
- Any visitor showing symptoms of COVID-19 will be required to undergo a PCR test, and possible isolation and or quarantine for 14 days.
Health screening & COVID-19 protocols on departure
Present a valid negative COVID-19 PCR test result within 72 hours of departure from Botswana. This can be done via one of two options:
- Option 1: Book a ‘fly in’ test. A nurse can be flown into any lodge within the Okavango Delta region and the swab test will be flown back to Maun to process the result.
- Option 2: Do the PCR test in Maun or Kasane Airport the day before you depart from Botswana, as there is a 24-hour turnaround time for results.
Airlines flying into the destination
- Private charter flights
Contact us here for more information or any other tours