– Updated 13 November 2020 –
*Approved and recognised user of the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safety Stamp.*
Open for international travel – Yes
Health screening and COVID-19 protocols
- Provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate, obtained no later than 96 hours prior to departure from your home country.
- Body temperatures must test below 37.5°C (99.5°F) and visitors must have no persistent cough, no difficulty breathing, and no other flu-like symptoms.
- If there is a reported case of COVID-19 on a flight or if the above symptoms are detected, all passengers within two rows of the passenger with the symptoms will be quarantined for testing at designated airport hotels. If the test results are negative, they will be allowed to leave the facility.
- It is mandatory for all passengers arriving in Kenya to complete the Travelers Health Surveillance Form by the Ministry of Health. The form is found here and must be completed online prior to disembarkation. Passengers will receive a QR code after completing the form and will be required to display it to a Port Health Official to proceed through immigration.
- Strict infection prevention and control measures have to be followed: social distancing, good hand hygiene, and the wearing of masks remain mandatory.
Mandatory quarantine – All passengers arriving on internatinal flights are required to quarantine for 14 days at a government-designated facility or at their Kenyan residence.
These countries are exempt from mandatory quarantine.
Countries allowed to travel to the destination – All
Airlines flying into the destination
- Kenyan Airways will resume international flights from 1 August 2020. The airline’s COVID-19 certificate validity for all inbound flights to Kenya is 96 hours. For outbound flights from Kenya, a COVID-19 certificate is not required unless your country of transit or destination requires one.
- All passengers aboard any Emirates flight require a negative COVID-19 certificate, obtained no later than 96 hours prior to flight departure.
Contact us here for more information or any other tours