– Updated 13 November 2020 –
Namibia announced new implementation protocols that will guide the country’s international tourism revival initiative. These protocols will come into effect from 1 September 2020, which will signal the reopening of Hosea Kutako International Airport in Windhoek to international visitors. Entry to Namibia will only be allowed via this airport.
Open for international travel – Yes
Health screening and COVID-19 protocols
- Present a negative COVID-19 PCR test result, conducted within 72 hours of boarding the flight to Namibia.
- Undergo health screening and temperature testing.
- Submit your full trip itinerary
- Not required, unless a traveller’s PCR test is older than 72 hours (but less than seven days) – supervised quarantine of seven days is then required.
Countries allowed to travel to the destination
Airlines flying into the destination
- Ethiopian Airlines
- Lufthansa from 19 September 2020
- Air Namibia
- Eurowings from 20 September 2020
- Qatar Airways from 1 October 2020