Updated African Travel Restrictions Due to COVID-19 – Zimbabwe – Updated 22 September 2020
The Zimbabwean government announced the reopening of the country’s local tourism sector on 3 September 2020. Domestic flights will resume on 21 September 2020 with Air Zimbabwe and Fastjet, in advance of 1 October 2020: the date for Zimbabwe’s international airports to reopen. Land borders remain closed until further notice.
Date of reopening
- 1 October 2020
Health screening and COVID-19 protocols
- All travellers will be required to present a negative PCR COVID-19 test certificate, obtained from a recognised facility within 48 hours of departure for Zimbabwe.
- All travellers will undergo health screening and temperature testing.
- Social distancing, hand sanitisation and the wearing of masks are mandatory.
- Arriving travellers are required to self-isolate for 7 days.
- If travellers don’t have a negative PCR COVID-19 test certificate on arrival, they are required to stay at a designated isolation facility for 7 days, then self- isolate for another 7 days.
Airlines flying into the destination
- Ethiopian Airlines
- Kenya Airways
- Air Tanzania
Contact us here for more information or any other tours